Acting as a bilateral organisation, the Chamber can provide a comprehensive range of trade services designed to assist companies and individuals in targeting business partners and in solving import/export matters. Please find below brief descriptions of our main services.
These services are designed to answer to the most basic need of any business: to find a potential counterpart like an importer or a distributor.
The Chamber can assist you in the three basic stages of this process:
- Targeting partners
- Making contact
- Managing the negotiation
1. Trade List
This service consists of a list of companies meeting the profile which suits for your needs. The Chamber analyses your request to target the right potential partners and then creates a customised list of importers/distributors which are dealing in your industry.
To build the list, The Chamber use resources to which we have exclusive access such as:
– members data base
– contacts from previous services
– industrial/professional associations
– online business directories (Kompass, etc.)
– fairs and exhibitions data bases
– trade magazines
– subscription websites
You will receive a comprehensive list of all the companies’ details (name, address, tel/fax, web, email, etc.). Following this, you will have the opportunity to contact them and establish a direct business relationship.
Members of the Chamber are entitled to a 20% discount. If requested, the Chamber can also prepare a presentation letter which you can use to submit your product; this extra involves a recharge of 25% on the original price (free of charge for our members).
2. Contacts Start up
This service consists of a direct promotion of your products and your trade requests. The Chamber approaches the companies on your behalf and establishes first contact in order to submit your business proposal.
The main steps of this service are:
– targeting the right partner profiles and creating a data base (as described above)
– sending of a proposal letter (fax/email) to introduce your company and the products
– direct (telephone) contact to check any interest from the companies to receive further information;
– sending out promotional materials (brochures, catalogues, samples, etc.) by email or post/courier*
– follow up to collect a feedback and to eventually stabilise the contact.
* (the cost of sending by post/courier has to be payed separately)
You will receive a final report, which includes the profiles of the companies which are interested in establishing a business relationship with you; and following this, you will have the opportunity to contact them directly to start direct negotiations.
Members of the Chamber are entitled to a 15% discount. If requested, the Chamber can also organise business meetings in our office in Sydney with the potential counterparts; this extra involves a recharge of 25% on the original price (out of charge only for our members).
3. Commercial Assistance
This service involves a complete and ongoing commercial assistance to successfully finalise the agreement. The Chamber contacts the companies on your behalf and then manages all the information requests between you and the potential partners, overcoming the linguistic barriers and the commercial practice differences.
The most critical issues are:
– prices (to be converted in the current value of the counterpart and to be calculated according with the delivery terms and conditions)
– product features (to be verified in compliance with the safety standards of the importing country)
– freight/shipping (to be arranged according with the conservation conditions of the products)
– custom (taxes and duties calculation)
– payments (to be scheduled including a reasonable warranty for the sender), etc.
Members of the Chamber are entitled to a 10% discount. If requested, the Chamber can also prepare a contract to set the terms and the conditions which you and the counterpart have discussed; this extra involves a recharge of 25% on the original price (Free of charge for our Members).
Click here for more information on the trade services available at the Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry Australia Inc.